Costa Rica Finca La Amistad
Experience the best of coffee, community, and sustainability with this amazing coffee from Finca La Amistad in Costa Rica. With a rich history dating back to the early 1900s, the Montero family has dedicated 97% of their land to forest preservation and organic coffee production. Roberto Montero, a third-generation coffee farmer, continues this legacy by growing some of the finest shade-grown coffee in the region while also giving back to the community. With over 100 full-time jobs and providing housing and medical care for seasonal pickers, Roberto has made Finca La Amistad a thriving community.
- Grown without harmful chemicals, making it healthier and safer to drink.
- It's better for the environment as it promotes sustainable farming practices and protects ecosystems.
- Organic coffee helps maintain water quality and conserves water resources due to reduced chemical runoff and water wastage.
- Choosing organic coffee helps reduce the overall carbon footprint and contributes to a greener, more eco-friendly planet.
- Tastes better because it grows slowly therefore has a richer flavor.
- It's good for the environment as it preserves natural habitats and supports wildlife.
- Less chemicals are used in its cultivation, making it safer for you and the planet.
- Shade-grown coffee helps fight climate change by absorbing greenhouse gases and is a sustainable choice for the future.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
1,200 - 1,500 meter above sea level
9° 58' 34.50"N, -84° 50' 18.10"W
Washed coffee is known for its clean and balanced flavor.
- Harvest: Pick and sort cherries.
- Depulp: Remove outer layers and ferment beans.
- Wash: Clean beans and dry them.
- Flavor: Enjoy as single-origin or in blends.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.